Hot, Hazy, Humid, Hell

   Today started with a pounding headache and a swollen throat.  After generously pouring this crap down my throat (OK, 2 cap fulls), I asked LMD when it expired.  I felt like we've had that thing for years - luckily, JAN11 was stamped on the bottle.  Crisis averted.

   Took the fur-kid out at around 5:48 am, basically sleep-walking around the mean streets of the Bronx, he did his business, and we went back in to the AC to cool it down for another two hours before physically removing myself from bed for the day.

   I went outside and it was relatively cool out this morning, probably about 15° cooler that the hell-hole apartment.  Still perplexed as to how in the hell the apartment gets so hot and muggy when it's cooler outside.  Made me angry.  So here I was, sick, sleep-walking, and angry.  A trifecta, all before 6:00 am.  Awesome.

   I guess it could be worse.  That's the way I seem to look at everything nowadays.  It could be worse.  I mean, I have my wife and dog and family and friends, but that's really all.  I still don't think the mantra I'm living by is healthy though.  It really grinds my gears.

   Moving on (quickly before I get agitated again), in MLB news, Brewers pitcher Chris Capuano got his first win since 2007 last night, a string of 13 straight losses with a myriad of ND's sprinkled in there.  In his 13 losing decisions, the Brewers scored only 38 runs (2.92 runs/game) for him.  I mean you gotta feel for the guy, he's had 2 Tommy John surgeries.  Most guys would have called it quits.  He's persistent, to say the least.  This is a guy who went 18-12 with a 3.99 ERA in 2005.  Not to mention he's a DUKE guy.  A real feel good story, similar to Dodgers reliever Hong-Chih Kuo (who still hasn't let up a hit to a LH batter this year) and also had to deal with numerous surgeries.

   The Yankees placed Andy Pettitte on the DL, giving Sergio Mitre a shot in the rotation, so says the NY Daily News.  It shouldn't really be a huge issue, so long as the front four can keep giving quality starts (AJ Burnett needs to have a quality start).  Pettitte has been on a tear all season long, so it's really a tough pill to swallow.  Every fifth day, you knew you had as good a shot at winning as there was, and now you have to hold your breath as you send Mitre out there.  We'll see how long it takes before the Yanks make a move and acquire another aging arm (Oswalt, Westbrook).  I'd rather see Carmona or Haren, but who knows what they're thinking.  Just gotta keep winning two of three, three of five and avoid a prolonged drought or losing streak.  Their offense should be able to carry them for a month or so.  No worries from Yankee-land.

   Health wise, I feel like crap again.  For some reason, my nose continues to run (maybe the humidity melts the mucus) and my head is beginning to ache, and my neck is beginning to get stiff.  I may be coming down with the (sic)ness. 

   I want a Harley Davidson too.  I was just thinking the other day about how bad-ass it would be to ride up to a field to recruit on a Harley with the loud pipes screaming.  Just a though, probably won't come to fruition, but it's good to dream. 

   OK, headed out.  Gotta go to Target, always find some neat stuff over there, not that I really need anything.

   Keep cool and try to keep your cool.  That's what I'm gonna try to do the rest of the day. 

   I'll leave you with this.  Good for the public school education in the Bronx.  They can't even get their 123's and ACB's? right:


   Siyanara suckers!
My Ping in TotalPing.com