The Bronx is Burned

  The Bronx was once "Burning", but now it's officially burned. 

  The Yankees just finished a 4-game split with the Royals, cutting their lead over 2nd-place Tampa to 1 game.  The race remaining tight so whenever Pettitte is ready to come back won't be a day too soon.  As much as I like seeing Dustin Moseley have moments of brilliance, I still am about as comfortable with him as I am Sergio Mitre.  They need to win series' from here on out and take care of "the easy part of their schedule" as they keep saying on ESPN Radio.  Detroit (57-60) for 4 and Seattle(46-72) for 3 at the Stadium.  Then they go to Toronto (62-55) and Chicago (65-63) for 3-gamers.  Toronto   Following that, a 10-game homestand versus Oakland(57-59), Toronto, and Baltimore(41-77).  Buck has those boys in Baltimore playing well now though, so that may not be a walk in the park.  They do need to take care of business at home though against the weaker teams in the AL.  The AL (b)East and the NL West are the only two dvisions with four teams over .500.  That's a pretty astounding number.  The AL Central has two (MIN, CWS), AL West has two (TEX, LAA), NL East has two (ATL, PHI) and the NL Central has two (CIN, STL).  Winning either one of those two division ain't gonna be easy for the Yankees and Padres.  The Pads have a 3.5 game lead over the Giants and are showing no signs of slowing down.  Just hope their arms stay healthy.

  I returned Sunday night from a 3-day hiatus from this borough only to find my television not working - turns out the neighbor took it upon himself to take my DirecTV dish down.  I am going to cancel their ass, the service they've given sucks and God forbid it rains heavy or snows - service is spotty.  I guess I have no one to blame but myself so I can't be too angry.  I told them when they installed it that where they were going to place the dish was on my neighbor's yard.  This shmuck was sold on the fact that because the wall to the garage was facing my yard, it was OK.  Now take into consideration I'm renting, so whatever's whatever.  Neighbor comes around the block, tells me to move it, I relay the message to DirecTV, no luck.  They keep telling me it's fine.  Next time I need service, they come out, adjust the dish, I tell them it needs to move, they say it's fine.  Now it's sitting next to my house near the garbage pails.  Nice job DirecTV.


  We're looking for a new apartment, and had two in mind and were anxious to start somewhere new.  Broker called me today and both are rented - within the last 48 hours.  Keeping on with my hunt.

  There was a independent photo shoot on the side of the house, affectionately known as the "jungle" because of my landlords refusal to give a shit about what the yard looks like.  Sorry, it's not a yard, it's an empty lot.  Some dude was  on a motorcycle riding around in the side lot - it's a shame he wasn't able to use a lawnmower instead to cut some of those damn weeds.

  School starts in a few days, some of the athletes are back (volleyball, soccer) and the rest of the plebes come back soon.  Looking forward to another year - of baseball.  Summer is such a tranquil time of year here on campus except when the GYLC's are here.  Kids from all over the world come in and take over the dorms, forge new friendships, partake in summer love, and speak in foreign languages so that no one here can understand them.  Their invasion lasts about a week each, with 6 sets of GYLC's coming in throughout the summer.  It's over, they're out, thank God.

  Nathan had some shots the other day, one of which turned him from a dachshund into a shar pei.  His face turned into a giant swollen mess.  We raced back to the vet to get some benedryl for the swelling.  He's back to normal now, just have to keep medicating him twice daily for another 4 days.  It kind of knocks him out, so he's out of it.

  I am literally sweating my cojones off.  I have a little to nothing left to do today except see the apartment this afternoon.

  Adios kimosabe.
My Ping in TotalPing.com