Happy Birthday's

  A feature I've gotten away from for the past several months - ah hell, I've gotten away from blogging for a while.  It's kind of difficult with no internet.  I just recently downloaded the Blogger application on my cell phone, so if I don't have a chance to sit down and really put something good together, I can always enter in a short entry.  Just to keep you readers happy.  Anyway, on to the birthdays.

  Terry Bradshaw turns the big 6-2 today.  The Hall of Famer is now an announcer for the NFL, I think on FOX5 here in New York.  He finished his career with 212 TD and 210 INT.  Not a great ratio, but considering he won 4 Super Bowls, I'd say he's HOF worthy.  He's pretty funny to listen to, but often times gets carried away and just likes to hear himself speak.

  He was also named to the 1970's NFL All-Decade Team (he was 2nd Team), a team that included QB Roger Staubach, RB Walter Payton, WR Lynn Swann on the offensive side of the ball, and DT Joe Greene, MLB Dick Butkus, and CB Willie Brown on the defensive side of the ball.  The punter was all-time great Ray Guy.  In any event, happy birthday Mr. Steel Arm.

  Turning 42 today is possibly the most well-known Mexican-American actress alive, Salma Hayek. She came to the US from Mexico but struggled at first to pick up the English language - she was dyslexic.  She bounced back pretty well, and seems to be doing alright for herself.

  Her US big-screen debut came opposite Antonio Banderas in the 1995 blockbuster Desperado.  She's also been in From Dusk til Dawn, Wild Wild West, and the cult hit Dogma (with Chris Rock).

  She's also always listed among the Top100 Sexiest Women in most men's publications.  And for good reason.  Feliz Cumpleanos Salma Hayek.

  That's all for now.  I am going to continue melting.  Unbearable heat.
My Ping in TotalPing.com