Derek Jeter wants what!!?!??!

According to the ticker on the bottom of ESPN, Jeter's agent wants a 4 or 5 year deal worth around $23 to $24 million a year? 

He made $22.6 million last season - he thinks he's better than he was last year (when he hit .270)?  Give me a break.  Take 4 years, $80 million and shut up.  Or take a walk.  I will still be a Yankee fan.

I was speaking to a guy in my building, he says they need to sign him.  He takes his kids there to see Derek Jeter.  Good point, however, I go to enjoy a baseball game - not see an aging shortstop.

If that is really what he wants per year, he needs to take a good hard look in the mirror - he is NOT worth that price tag.  No one is.  Take a walk you greedy prick.  You get paid for what you do - and the Yankees have always done business that way.  The Yankees will still sell tickets, concessions, apparel without Derek Jeter on the roster.  Guaranteed.

The Yankees aren't afraid to spend on aging talent - FACT.
A-Rod is not worth his salary - FACT.
Jeter is not worth $23 million a year he's asking for - FACT!
My Ping in TotalPing.com