Tracking the ACC

As you may or may not know, I am a huge Duke fan.  I have been since I was little, and for some reason, the thing that turned me on to them was when my father's boss at the time went down to Durham and got me a hat from the bookstore, brought it back to me in a Duke plastic bag.  Not quite sure how that translated into me being a Duke fan, but that's the story.

Here's a look at the Preseason ACC Basketball Media Poll.

Fortunately, they've been on television both games so far (a 97-60 thumping of Princeton and a 79-45 beat down of Miami (OH)).  The ACC is having a decent start to the season, however, my hopes for a 2nd straight National Title from Duke are premature and tempered.  The ACC has a cumulative record of 20-5.

Georgia Tech got pumped by Kennesaw State (they're from Georgia) for their only loss.
 Miami (FL) lost one at #19 Memphis (not an easy game)
#22 Virginia Tech lost at #3 Kansas State.
Abysmal Wake Forest has two losses - Stetson and VCU.
Maryland (3-0) and Florida State (3-0) haven't played a team with a pulse yet.
Clemson and Virginia, both 2-0, are the same.
#8 UNC, NC State, and Boston College (all 1-0) have played cupcakes as well.
#1 Duke hasn't had too tough a road either (Princeton is the Ivy Preseason favorite)

Duke hosts Colgate tomorrow night, on television I'm guessing.  Time for lunch.  Be back.

Picking up where I left off yesterday - Boston College was stunned at home by the Ivy League's Yale (Preseason #5 in Ivy) 75-67.  #8 UNC pummeled Long Island's own Hofstra by 44.  #5 Pittsburgh, of the BEast took down Maryland 79-70 in a game that was closer than the final score indicated.  Florida State handled in-state "rival" Florida International; NC State beat East Carolina by 20; Stanford destroyed Virginia by three touchdowns, 81-60.

After yesterday's games (3-3), the ACC's record stands at 23-8.  Respectable, minus the bad, bad losses to Kennesaw State and Stetson (VCU was picked third in the CAA Preseason Poll).

There's another seven games on the slate tonight - LBSU vs. Clemson down in St. Thomas; George Mason vs. NC State in Charleston; #13 Illinois vs. Maryland at the Garden; NC Central at Miami (FL); Minnesota vs. #8 UNC in Puerto Rico; MAAC school Niagara travels to Georgia Tech; and finally #1 DUKE hosting Colgate.

Not sure of the television broadcasts, but I will be here at the Draddy for the Albany/Manhattan Women's hoops game.  Duke is probably on, but I will be relegated to tracking in on my phone and/or getting text updates from Johnny Holzer.

Game on!
My Ping in TotalPing.com