There always seems to be...

...like $0.20 left on my MetroCard and I can't use it again.  I mean how hard is it to keep these things like they were in the past - this 15% and 20% bonus bull is garbage.  People just throw out the $0.05 on their card and the city is making money - it's ridiculous.  I mean how freakin' hard is it to make the denominations on the card even - like, say, a $10 card gives you $1.25 bonus, so that you have 5 WHOLE rides instead of this.  There's a 15% bonus when you refill $8 or more on your card.  I don't want the 15% because if I have $0.45 left on my card, here's what I'd need to add to have an even amount of rides:

$11.35 for 6 rides ($1.70 bonus) -- $13.30 for 7 rides ($2.00 bonus) -- $27.00 for 14 rides ($4.05 bonus)

If I had $0.20 on my card and wanted to add $20.00, I'd have a card worth $22.51 - $0.01 cent, really?!?
Not sure about you, but I'm not exactly walking around with $11.35 cents in my pocket.  I am assuming at the vending machine post you can add that obscure amount, but who the hell is walking around with a 15% bonus calculator for their MetroCard?

Just keep the bonuses so that it's actually a bonus ride - I don't want an extra $0.05 on my card.  But I'll keep the card and keep pumping money into it, because NYC ain't gonna take me for any more money.
My Ping in TotalPing.com