Misc.

Home of the 2010 MAAC Baseball Championships.  #1 Canisius, #2 Marist, #3 Rider, #4 Manhattan.  Same field as last year, different seeding, hoping for different results.

Coaches get their own rooms.  To quote the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, "Woooooooo!!"  Just got up from a little siesta and buzzed the facial growth.  Couldn't really be good or bad luck, we won two and lost one since the last time I buzzed it.  Gonna wait to get ready for the dinner at 7:30pm because I sweat like an animal, even in the hotel air conditioning.

Listening to a wide array of music on this laptops version of iTunes, my home laptop has more, since this one was wiped clean.  It's pretty much as loud as it goes, which may ultimately end the life of this here laptop.  This thing is at least 8 years old, running on it's last legs.  Want to get inside my head, see what kind of music I'm listening to?  Here's a list of the past 8 songs I've listened to: "Shoot Frank" by Cage ft. Daryl Palumbo;  "We'rewolf" by Every Time I Die; "Supermassive Black Hole" by MUSE; "The Leaving Song Pt. 2" by AFI; "1,000,000" by Nine Inch Nails; "Mother Lover" by The Lonely Island; "Pledge Allegiance to the Hag" by Eric Church; "1901" by Phoenix.  Got some indie/punk/rap, some metal/hardcore, some country, some industrial rock, some rock, some funny spoof rap, and whatever the hell Phoenix is considered, alternative rock maybe?  I actually dislike this song, but for some reason I can't turn it off. 

It's 6:09pm, still got some time before I dress up for this dinner - it's a banquet at the Holiday Inn, "Pleasing people the world over". (Tagline Guru)  Pretty cool site, who knew someone would dedicate an entire website to taglines.  I guess the same can be said for me, how the hell do I have the attention span to continue blogging.  Here's some cool ones, in my opinion, and you're reading my blog, so tough crap if you don't want my opinion:  "When it rains, it pours" is Morton Salt (my father loves salt, on everything, and I guess so do I - salt on a cucumber, try it); "Wake up and drive" is Mitsubishi's, which is pretty important advice - it's tough to drive when you're not awake; "The best kept automotive secret in America" is Peugeot - they really are a secret, I've never even heard of them/that - it's  probably something above my social/economic class - just looked it up, about $35,000 USD, or £24,500; one more, lets see here; here's a jingle, "I'm a pepper, he's a pepper, she's a pepper, we're a pepper, wouldn't ya like to be a pepper too, I'm a pepper, he's a pepper, she's a pepper, if you drink Dr. Pepper you're a pepper too" is a Dr. Pepper jingle from the 1970's.  Kinda catchy.  Just watched the YouTube video of it.

 Birthday shout-outs real quick - none of my Facebook friends birthday today.




Mike Myers, the voice of Shrek turns 47 today.  He also starred in Wayne's World, the Austin Powers movies, and a recent favorite movie of mine, Inglorious Basterds.  Oh, behave!





 
Stacy London, star of one of Lindsay's favorite shows, What Not to Wear, on TLC, turns 41 today.  Good thing Lindsay hasn't nominated me for that show, I pretty much wear mesh shorts and t-shirts to work every day.  I have clothes that are nice, but really only wear them when we go out to dinner or out with  Paul and Jenny. 





Oh, and philosopher Ralph Waldo Emerson would have turned 208 today.  Why they put that on the website is beyond me.  (All birthday's I post about I get from www.myfamousbirthdays.com).

OK, time to freshen up and dress it up.  Suit is hanging up, just gotta tie this tie - that'll take 20 minutes.

I hope the food's good, that root beer float from A&W was good this afternoon, but the burger didn't really fill me up.
My Ping in TotalPing.com