Avenue Q and Tripe

We tried like hell to find a Broadway show to go to yesterday afternoon. Well, Lindsay and her mother tried. They went down to the TKTS booth with a list of shows - In The Heights, Promises Promises, Rain - sadly all went off the board before their two hour wait in line had concluded. We saw Avenue Q and it was surprisingly pretty damn funny. A bunch of grown ups toting around a bunch of puppets. Don't ask how they pulled it off, but they did.

Following the show, we slowly strolled uptown seeing how we had over an hour before our 6:00 dinner reservation. The theater was on 50th and 9th - dinner was at Bricco (56th and 9th). We took a detour to see the Rockefeller Tree - my third and least crowded time seeing it and it was still a mad house.

Got to the restaurant and heard the specials - sauteed tripe with cannelini beans. I got it. I've seen it on Food Network several times, and it was the first time I've heard tripe on a menu. It was actually pretty good. I had the tri color gnocchi in gorgonzola sauce for dinner - also awesome.

I have to shower, sorry to cut his post shotr. I feel like a loser because it's 11:43am and i haven't brushed my teeth or showered yet. Don't judge. At 3:00 I'll head over to the gym to set up for tonights women's basketball game. Just another day in the life.

I may have to splurge for a $2.99 app so I can upload pictures to the blog from my iPad. Apple, they sure know how to corner the market. Giants.

Pictures to follow in a separate post.

My Ping in TotalPing.com