Bronx = Power Outage

Made it back to the Bronx last night.  Don't ask how, seeing how every Tom, Dick, and Harry were speeding on the snow-covered roads, whipping around turns.  A**holes.

We had a lot of Christmas goodies to get upstairs, not to mention Nathan.  It seemed like a lot more in the car than when we unloaded it all.  It was still a hefty bounty.

The snow caused chaos on the streets of the Boogie Down.  People were parked perpendicular into parking spots.  There was no sign of an open spot until Lindsay (we'll call her Hawk Eye for the sake of this post) spotted one in front of the building - a Monday spot no less.

We each grabbed a few things and headed up.  In order to get the rest of the booty upstairs, I had to forfeit my spot and go around the back to unload (they give us rolling carts to make it easy).  Hawk Eye met me back there, cart in hand.  We unloaded the car onto the cart, I raced to put the laundry upstairs, raced back down, and Hawk Eye then went up with the cart.  I headed back around the building to the spot I had just given up, praying (and cursing) that it was still there.  Ho Ho Ho!!!  I got it back.

Fast forward a few minutes.

Unpacked some things, turned on the idiot box, no picture.  Turn on my iPad, no service.  Turn on my computer, no service.  Our building was a blackout zone.  I called Linksys (router company) and asked if something was wrong, they asked me to call my cable provider.  There was a few other things said, I got impatient, and they hung up on me.  I called back, but as I was pressing 1 for English, I couldn't recall the guys name - probably because it was a name of Indian decent, and certainly one I couldn't remember or understand.

I saw a guy walking out of his apartment and asked him if it was my apartment or was cable out, and he vehemently shook his head back and forth.  I wasn't sure what he meant, so I asked again - do you have television service?  "No."  A man of few words.  I saved myself the headache of trying to fix my router or television or cable box - this was something out of my control.  So be it. 

You win this one Mother Nature.

Now, for the next two days (which are supposed to be off days seeing how I work at a college), there's high school and CYO basketball in the gym.  Of course I'm required to be there.  Luckily, Jesse will be filling in for me - he's always game for making a few extra bucks. 

OK, gotta go get water for these ingrate bastards.  At least the sun is out!
My Ping in TotalPing.com