G-T-L Thursday

Gym.  Train.  Lunch.  I'm not from Jersey - actually, neither are any of those fools on Jersey Shore!

Today started with our fourth straight morning workout, something I've felt the need to initiate seeing how I am turning into a heavier, less motivated version of my former athlete self.  My legs felt like bags of sand attached to my hips - but I persevered.  Lindsay has been doing the prenatal workouts I've been researching online and is sore as well.  (As I type this, we're watching SportsNation's "101 Jeers" of 2010).  After the workouts were complete, we headed down to Broadway to take the silver bullet down to NYC.  It was very, very windy out there, my hat and gloves were clutch.  Lindsay had gloves as well, so don't go thinking chivalry is dead.

We stopped at Dunkin' Donuts - I got an iced coffee.  Cold weather can't stop me.

Subway ride was quite uneventful, besides the kid with these gross looking dreads hanging from him head.  He also had on a trench-length crinkled leather jacket - not sure how he got it so wrinkled.  I know little about fashion, but this guy made me feel like that guy on Bravo who throws out all those other people's clothes.


Got off the train and headed over to the tree in Rockefeller Center.  Snapped a few photos and got the hell out of there - way too crowded.

Continued our journey uptown via Broadway, picked up a few last minute Christmas items, and stopped for lunch at a place we saw recently on "Best Thing I Ever Ate" - Bar Boulud.  The show was discussing brunch items, and former NYT food critic Frank Bruni chose the Croque Monsieur - pictured below.  It's a warm ham, gruyère cheese and béchamel sandwich - and it was awesome!
 As we were leaving, the hostess offered to take the bag of the woman who was walking in as we were walking out.  Lindsay turned to me and asked why no one asked to take her bag.  I looked at who the woman was with, turned to Lindsay and said, "Because that's Ron Howard."  (The woman he was with was his daughter, Bryce Dallas Howard).  Richie Freakin' Cunningham.  The man who produced some great movies (A Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13, Cocoon, Frost/Nixon, to name a few).  We turned and left, and I nearly lost my lunch trying to wrap my head around how much money that guy is sitting on.  Oh well, that was our celebrity sighting for the day.  Didn't get a picture but sent an e-mail to US Weekly - maybe it'll get in their VIP Scene blurb column next issue (I'm guilty - I read it in the bathroom).

Walked uptown some more, passed numerous people peddling Christmas trees on the streets of Broadway.  Not sure how many more trees these guys are going to sell with Christmas only 2 days away, but good for them for keeping their spirits up.
Hopped on the 1 Train at 72nd Street and came back to the Boogie Down to see our dog Nathan.  Took him over the the dog park and tired him out again, even though he was sleeping for 6 hours while we were gone.  Dogs have some kind of life - eat, poop, pee, sleep, scratch, repeat.

Once again, thanks to all of you who whose to follow WRT.  I look forward to keeping your interest.

Ho Ho Ho!  Happy Holidays!
My Ping in TotalPing.com