Wednesday Night Television

I watch as much sports as I can on any given evening.  However, on Wednesday nights, ABC (Ch. 7) has a pretty good lineup from 8:00pm to 9:30pm.  (I flip back and forth during commercials, and DVR the shows on ABC in case I mistime the commercials).

At 8:00 is "The Middle" - a show about a semi-dysfunctional family trying to make right with one another in small-town Indiana.  The dad (played by Neil Flynn) is a huge Colts fan, so I guess there's some sports incorporated into the show.  Their youngest son, Brick (12-year-old Atticus Shaffer) might be one of the funniest/smartest kids on television.  Give the show a chance, I laugh like an idiot.

At 8:30 is "Better With You" - a show about two sister at different places in their respective lives.  Their father, Joel (Kurt Fuller), is hilarious as is his wife, Vicky (Debra Jo Rupp - mother on "That 70's Show").  It's got a chance, just waiting for that breakout episode.

At 9:00 is "Modern Family" - if you haven't seen or heard about this show, climb out from underneath that rock and reintroduce yourself to the world.  It's about three different families and the trials and tribulations they face in their lives.  Al Bundy, I mean Ed O'Neill (Jay), is married to loud-mouthed Sofía Vergara (Gloria) to go along with her son, Manny.  The Dunphy's (Julie Bowen and Ty Burrell) have three children with three different perspectives on things.  Then there's the gay couple (Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet) raising an adopted Asian baby named Lily.  It's a riot, and I DVR this one as well.  It is in it's second season, and hopefully Santa gets me the first season for Christmas. (Lindsay saw Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Mitchell, at The Standard while at brunch with Paul and Jenny)

Back to the shows!
My Ping in TotalPing.com