Head Automatica; Muse; Twitter

  Wednesday night, I ventured into unfamiliar land to see one of the bands I've seen many times live, Head Automatica.  Despite the fact that they haven't put out an album in about four years, I still had an interest in seeing them.  There is also something to be said for seeing live music.  The show was in Brooklyn, a far cry from the Bronx - it's mostly full of fashion-forward, preppy, hipster wannabes who are looking for approval from their peers.  And they all dress weird as can be.  Anything seems to go in NYC, but Brooklyn is a different beast.  Anything goes means anything goes.  There is no right or wrong way to dress, act, eat, etc. etc. 

  The concert was good for the most part, Daryl (frontman for HA and GlassJAw) sounded good and they played a lot of new songs from their so-called "new album".  I saw them a year and a half ago, and they said the same things before they played the same songs.  I am a fan of music in general, and Daryl's music is a vice of mine.  But for the love of God, put out some new music already. 

  Another band I am a huge fan of is MUSE.  Although I have never seen them live, I have all their albums and never get sick of listening to them.  Saturday, however, I break my drought and will head to Nassau Coliseum to take it all in.  They have been dubbed "the best live band" year after year and I am geeked up to see them.  It's a shame they have to play at the worst standing structure in Long Island.  The Coliseum is jokingly known as the Mausoleum because of the way it looks and the condition it's in.

  All kidding aside, this is the most excited I've been for a concert since Lindsay and myself took a trip to Boston with Paul and Jenny to see The Killers.  That show was amazing.  More amazingly, we flew there - a nice little 45 minute flight from LaGuardia.

  One thing I want to sound off on is Twitter.  I'm guilty - I have an account, though I rarely check it or update it.  I go on once a month or so and I'll stay on continuously for 20 minutes at the most.  There has to be something better for mere plebes like you and me to do than post 140 character messages to one another.  I'm also guilty of updating my Facebook status quite often, but I don't make plans on Facebook.  I follow a lot of the television shows I regularly watch (Always Sunny, Modern Family) to keep up to date on what's going on.  I keep the world (those who give a shit what I'm doing) abreast as to my thoughts and feelings or how my day might be going.  It's a great medium to promote sports teams and college events, and also to get back in touch with people you haven't seen or heard from for years.  And then you realize why you haven't been in touch with them - they still think they're in high school with some of the crap they write.

  It goes back to a post I had about abbreviating words and sentences, lack of punctuation, and overall ignorance by said users.  Is it that hard to write a proper sentence or make a little bit of sense while typing out your thoughts?  If you're going to spout off about every Tom, Dick, and Harry and everything else you find the need to let everyone know, at least write it in English. 

  I guess blogging is sort of the same type of thing as Twitter or Facebook, but you choose to read this (I think).  I have to head out and go to the women's soccer game, where I might go through my phone and delete everyone I have no interest in speaking to.  Then, when I get a free hour, I will go through my Facebook and delete those people who's posts make me cringe.

  I bid you adieu, blog-world.  Go Yankees!
My Ping in TotalPing.com