Happy Birthday's

  A segment I've gotten away from a bit happens to be one of my favorites.  It allows me to dig up some random facts on whoever has a birthday on a specific date.  Today's date is October 25th, and I have yet to look up to see who shares this day as the day of their birth, but here goes:

  The General, legendary college basketball coach Robert Montgomery Knight turns the big 7-0 today.  He is most known for his intensity, outbursts, witty comebacks, sweaters, and serious temper (not to mention the whole chair throwing incident in 1985 against Purdue).  The leader in NCAA Division I men's basketball coaching wins (902) currently is employed by ESPN as an analyst and color-commentator.  There is no one I'd rather listen to than him when watching my Duke Blue Devils on TV (except well-known Dukie Dick Vitale).

  Happy birthday coach!

  Everyone's favorite California Gurl, Katy Perry turns 26 today.  Fresh off her marriage to comedian Russell Brand just off a tiger reserve in India, the singer is probably toying around with her wedding gift from Brand, a baby Bengal tiger.  Not to be outdone, she gave Russell a baby elephant as a token of her love.  Odd as it may seem, nothing surprises me when it comes to Russell Brand.  The dude is hilarious.

  Maybe it's just the British accent or the fact that I understand only 25% of what comes out of his mouth, but either way, happy birthday Katy Perry.  Keep on with the wacky outfits, but I swear if I hear California Gurls one more time on the radio, I am going to lose it.

  Lots to do today, so I gotta get a move on.  Happy birthday to all, and to all, a good day.

  Oh, and how about those Raiders?!  a 59-14 ass-whooping of the Broncos.  Kyle Orton is getting all this love all season for throwing for so many yards, maybe because his team is terrible (2-5) and they are down every game, thus forcing the offense to call more passing plays.  Regardless, the Raiders are 3-4 (2-0 in AFC West) and for once look like a professional football team.  They host the Seahawks next week before a huge game with the 1st-place Chiefs.

  Let's keep it rolling, don't fall into the trap-game mentality.  .500 this late in the season might as well Christmas in October.  But seriously, a Halloween game, in Oakland, with a chance to get to .500 - look out.  The Black Hole is normally like Halloween every home game for the Raiders, but I have a feeling they got their mojo back by the bay.  Silver and Black are back, baby.

  Bye now!
My Ping in TotalPing.com