Sightings (and Listening's?); WWTBAM; Costco

We went over to the Cross County Shopping Center to get me a pair of decent basketball sneakers since I'm a baller now (pause for laughter) and stopped in Applebee's for a quick dinner (pause for a quick gasp).  Here's a photo of the kicks (and I shot the ball a whole lot better today with the new sneaks - it's gotta be the shoes!):


At Applebee's, Lucy was our waitress, or was it Lisa - me and Lindsay had conflicting opinions since the girl mumbled so neither of us could comprehend.  Her name came to us via the receipt - Lucirene.  Not sure what that name means and I doubt I ever will since I can't even find an answer on the internet.

Listening's
A table away, a perky male waiter was asking two ladies what they wanted.  He proceeded to call them ladies at the end of every sentence, in case they themselves had forgotten who they were.  Then he floated on over to another table he was helping and called a woman "mami" - as in the spanish slang for sexy baby.  That must have earned him a killer tip.  He's lucky the guy she was with (who looked flamboyant) wasn't dating her, or he woulda got TKO'd.

Sightings
I got home the other day and our building was getting a UPS delivery.  Day in, day out I see these (along with FedEx, PeaPod, and the ever present Kosher.com trucks) getting tickets courtesy of the NYPD traffic cops in their dark blue cars.  It pisses me off to no end that they help meet their quota by ticketing these trucks - it's NYC dingleberries, where the fuck is a giant brown truck going to find a parking space?

I know the driver isn't paying, but poor UPS gets bent over day after day.  What are their drivers supposed to do, drive around for hours waiting for someone to pull out of a parking space? 

Give me a break, so get the people who roll through stop signs or speed down the road behind our building - the same one people walk across with their kids, dogs, or old family members.

WWTBAM
Who Wants to be a Millionaire is on right now, and I'd like to think that if I was lucky enough to get on that show, I'd make some pretty good money - and then immediately get smooshed by the government because I'd take myself to a whole new tax bracket.

I really commend them for changing the game play - random categories and random prize amounts until the final four questions.  Brilliant.

Costco
Going to head up to wholesale giant Costco in a few to get some food in bulk so that when I'm away, Lindsay can eat normal meals (instead of cereal and Easter candy).  After all, she needs to nourish our little boy.

We don't really have a shopping list, but she is good at curbing me from buying shit we don't need.


OK, time to take Nathan out and head to the store.
My Ping in TotalPing.com