Trending Now; Blue Bloods; Blue Fingers; Blasting Music

Trending Now
According to the world's favoritest search engine, BING.com, the following topics are the most trended for today.  Here we go...

1. Olivia Wilde - Actress and model.  So I guess she's going to be back on the market after divorcing her husband of eight years.  The story broke courtesy of "MTV News" - I mean that channel doesn't even play music anymore.  The TRON: Legacy actress is also a staple on House M.D.  Tao Ruspoli is a filmmaker and musician and a complete tool.

2. Cavaliers - NBA team.  The one time home team for LeBron James, the Cavs have fallen on some tough times lately.  They set a league record for futility by losing their 25th straight game Monday night, 99-96 to the Dallas MavericksAntawn Jamison is the King of Shitsville, averaging a team-high 17.2 ppg.  He needs to average 37.2 ppg for them to be good.  Maybe their owner should look himself in the mirror.  I feel bad for the guys on the team, no one should have to go through this - but I guess their salaries aren't too bad.  Go Cavs!  Just get a win.

3. Selena Gomez - Actress, singer, and UNICEF Ambassador.  The #1 Belieber (even though they aren't an item) is starring in the upcoming film "13 Reasons Why", which will be her first leading role.  She's a Disney star I guess, but all I ever see is her hanging on Bieber's coattails (and his hair) or making out with the little guy.  No shocker here - MTV reported this story as well.

4. High-Speed Rail - Passenger rail transport system.  Apparently, Obama plans on spending $53B for a national high-speed rail network, according to several reports.  In his January State of the Union address, he announced his goal of providing said rail for 80% of Americans withing 25 years.  Good luck with that one Barack.  I am guessing this is sort of an Amtrak thing, but faster.  Cool idea.

5.  Scientology - A "new" religion.  Apparently, they're being investigated for human trafficking.  Couch-jumping Tom Cruise is a member, as is fat/not-fat/fat Kirstie Alley.  The basic belief of this religion is that man is far more than a product of his environment, or his genes.  I don't really care, so I'll end it at that.  Human trafficking.  Very illegal.  As is couch-jumping.

The five points above will surely make that long ride in an elevator with a stranger more pleasant - at least you can spout off a few ice-breakers.  And if you don't like elevators, just start talking to a stranger about one of these things.

Blue Bloods
Tonight is UNC vs. Duke.  The rivalry in college basketball.  If you're a fan of college hoops, you watch this one even if you can't stand either team.  I get to sleep in tomorrow since we have a mandatory day off, so I hope I can make it through the game.  As an appetizer, Syracuse hosts Georgetown in another great game at 7 pm, I'm guessing on ESPN.

Watch these games, for the love of sport.

Blue Fingers
That's what you'll have if you stay outside in this brutal cold for too long.  I walked in this morning and kept my hands in my pockets the entire time, but they were still freezing cold when I got here.  I ran them under hot water, which some say is a bad idea, but for me, it was the only idea.  Frostbite felt like it was about to set in.  And living by the Hudson River doesn't help - the wind rips off that sucker and funnels into the back of our building.  Global warming my ass!

Blasting Music
Had a pretty good workout this morning and the playlist was quite random, as the shuffle feature would indicate.  Here's a rundown, with links, of the 8 songs that got me through my morning routine:

1. Muse - "Resistance"
2. Nine Inch Nails - "Into The Void"
3. Kid Cudi - "Down & Out "
4. Brand New - "Sowing Season"
5. Every Time I Die - "Apocalypse Now and Then"
6. This is Hell - "Destroyer"
7. Cancer Bats - "Raised Right"
8. glassjaw - "When One Eight Becomes Two Zeros"

If that doesn't pump you up, go back to sleep.

My Wednesday feature is coming later on, but for the time being, like the Terminator said, I'll be back!
My Ping in TotalPing.com