All Over the Place

Time is a hot commodity lately now that our lives have forever changed with the birth of our first baby, Nolan.
The kid is awesome - he cries when he wants food, needs a diaper change, or is tired - basically all things that us adults wish we could do. 

A lot of shit has been going on in the news lately, so I want to keep everyone up to date.

bin Laden Dead! - Let no one ever say a bad thing about US Intelligence.  Those men and women who work for our intel are amazing.  Not to mention the Navy SEALS (SEAL Team 6) who popped a cap in his head.  Great work!  Sure, the head of this terrorist movement behind 9/11 is gone, but there's plenty of splinter groups.  Terrorism will never be totally eliminated, but justice was served.  They gave him a proper burial at sea, which wasn't all bad - if it had been on land, it'd mark a place to meet and would almost be a tourist attraction of sorts.  He's in a bag, at the bottom of the ocean.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

N(issan)YC? - Nissan minivans, currently being produced in Mexico, are the next up for the NYC taxicabs.  I am not sure if they're going to be eco-friendly and electric, but I'm guessing they are.  Nissan makes good minivans?  I had no idea.  I guess with one child, I am not yet in the market for such a vessel.  The CR-V Lindsay is driving around in is family car enough for me.

Three Years for Murder? - A 16-year old has been sentenced to three years in an Indian juvenile facility for slitting his mother's throat in India.  Three years in juvie?  Come on.  He blamed the trauma caused by his parents divorce as the reason.  Really kid, trauma?  Is a divorce less severe than homicide?  I guess this red-headed freak thought so.  Oh, and the kids father is a professor at Pitt.  Good luck with that one.

Speaking of Pittsburgh - Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall is a total douche bag.  The tweets he made after the announcement of bin Laden's death are mind blowing.  Is this guy a fucking idiot or what?  Seriously, if you're a Steelers fan, you might want to think twice about cheering for this douche bag.  I hope Ray Lewis lays his dopey ass out.

Break Up the Royals - The Kansas City Royals are 2nd in the MLB in batting average, at a whopping .274 clip.  They are 4.5 games back of the surprising Indians, who everyone figured would play their season out like a modern version of Major League.  I guess you shouldn't be that surprised - they were 2nd in average during the 2010 season as well, at a .274 clip (not a typo).  Last year, they were 29th in pitching though, which is why they sucked. The season is still young, but enjoy it while it lasts Royals fans.

Ballin' - I was involved in my first pick-up game.  Five Spanish-speaking dudes and me.  I had no idea what the fuck they were saying the entire time, but I said "when you guys figure out what it is you're trying to figure out, let me know...in English" and they all laughed.  I played hard and went after the ball.  They were calling these ticky-tack fouls on one another, and I was really getting pissed.  It's street basketball - believe me, I'm not our for blood (or am I?) but just play the game.  There are NO free throws so what the shit is the point of calling a foul?  It was 3-on-3, my team won, 17-15, and I had 9 points.  I shot the ball a little bit, but my points game on my furious drives to the rack.  One guy on the other team said "this guy wants to win" - well no shit dipstick, what's the point of playing if I want to lose.  I'm a competitor.  Deal with is.  I am sure they'll see me again, and this time, they might want me on their team - unlike this time, when I was just some blanco who had no game.  WRONG pendejo's!

I'm out.  Time for a Guinness. 

Oh yeah, and we beat Fordham today, 8-0.  Our third shutout in the past three weeks.  It was a good win, especially since they're our intra-borough rivals.  They beat us earlier in the season, but we're a different team now.  Heading up to Buffalo this weekend to take on Niagara in a conference weekend - we better be ready to deliver a TKO.  I hate Niagara.  Niagara Falls are nice, but that's all.

And we have a pig roast.  Our third baseman's father is from there and has family there, and every year we go there we have a pig roast.  It really is a nice spread.  And the guys usually enjoy it, which is rare because kids bitch about anything and everything.

OK Guinness, here I come!
My Ping in TotalPing.com