Jubilation Day

Three things really.

#1 - Nolan is finally passed out. He's been a pill all night and hadn't slept a wink in five hours, until right now. But I probably jinxed it. Ah well, he's rocking in his lamb swing. Maybe he's actually tired or maybe he's just tired of crying. Either way, I'm OK with it.

#2 - We locked up the #1 seed in the MAAC tournament, a good thing even though we went from 16-0 to 16-2 before deciding we wanted to win again. Weird game...we rattle off 16 straight in conference, then lose two in a row. Rider was in the other dugout today (and tomorrow for Senior Day, if the rain holds off) and they've also locked up a postseason berth. The rest of them have a dogfight to get in. We've been on that side on occasion, and it's no fun (or it is).

#3 - Steve Martin is awesome. Not sure if I've said this before, but he was on Conan the other night with his band, the Steep County Rangers, and they played a song, "Jubilation Day" and I've been singing it to myself everyday. Sick, I know. Here's the link to the video again, in the event that I've already posted on this topic.

And here's to a decent day tomorrow so we can honor our excellent senior class. The four hitters have almost 1,000 career hits in their four years and the lone pitcher (who's career has been on again, off again) got us into the playoffs last year with three perfect innings after not having thrown in several weeks.

If you live near, in, or around the Bronx (I know, I don't admit it all the time either), head down to Van Cortlandt Park around 11:45am to see us honor the seniors.

And to the fans in Heckler's Gap in right center field, great job today. Hope to see you tomorrow, if you aren't hungover as shit.



My Ping in TotalPing.com