Keira Knightley Covers 'Flaunt' Spring 2011 Fashion Issue



Keira Knightley covers 'Flaunt' for the magazine's spring 2011 fashion issue. As usually, the 26-year-old actress reveals a flawless beauty with perfect skin and sexy short hair. In the interview,
Keira talks about why she loves theater and returning to theater in 'The Children’s Hour', but also about independent films, jealousy, 'Last Night', and her future plans.


Keira Knightley always looks gorgeous whether she wears a casual, daytime outfit with jeans and cardigans, or all dressed up in a glam dress and sexy high heels on the red carpet. Her natural, classic beauty and flawless, fresh-looking skin have always been the envy of every girl. Now, the lovely 26-year-old actress rocks a different outfit on the cover of 'Flaunt' magazine for the spring 2011 fashion issue.


Inside the mag, Keira strikes a pose in an otherworldly pictorial, photographed in the historic AbneyPark Cemetery. In the interview, she talks about her career plans, 'Last Night' and why she loves theater.
"I suppose I like the romance of it, because you never see the same play twice. There’s something extraordinary about something that’s lost—that you will only ever see it for that night and that night only. You’ll never see it again, and it’s not recorded, and so it’s kind of magic," she told 'Flaunt'.




In fact, Keira is no stranger when it comes to theater. She comes from a theatrical family. Her mother is actress turned playwright Sharman Macdonald and her father is actor Will Knightley.


On returning on stage in Lillian Hellman's melodrama, 'The Children's Hour' Keira says that, "It’s so alive. It’s your job every single night to make sure that it’s working. And no one can come in and make sure that it does. That’s interesting because it means you’re incredibly focused for two and a half hours, and if something goes wrong, you have to find a way to get out of it. That can be quite difficult in front of 800 people, so it’s quite exciting."


As for Massy Tadjedin’s directorial debut, 'Last Night', which stars Knightley and Sam Worthington, alongside Eva Mendes and Guillaume Canet, Keira says:


"What I loved about Last Night was that if you’re an adult. You recognize at least one of these situations, if not all four of them. And what I loved about the piece as a whole is it didn’t impose its morality, its judgment on any of the people. It kind of requires you the audience to make up your own mind, to put your own life into the piece. I think that that’s actually quite rare with film, as you’re told exactly what to think about everyone that’s in it. This is nice because it’s kind of free and open. It will change depending on what sort of life experience you’ve had and where your morality lies."






'Last Night' tells the story of a married couple that while apart for one night, is confronted by temptation. This is a movie about making choices and give yourself physically and emotionally. Asked if she believes that males and females exercise jealousy in different ways, Keira says in the interview with 'Flaunt' that: "No, I don’t. I think that’s why I was really excited about doing a film like Last Night. I mean, my god, the stories you get from everybody. The whole crew, everyone, was trying to decide who was in the right and who was in the wrong. And people were like, 'This happened to me,' or, 'My wife did this or my wife did that,' and actually, what you find out is that we’re all pretty much the same."


The adorable actress admits she loves unexpected things. "I don’t like the safe options. I like things that have a fifty-fifty chance of me falling on my face. I like the magic when it actually comes together and people enjoy it, but the magic is only there because of the distinct possibility of failure. I find that romantic in a funny kind of way. It’s very unstable at the moment. Things are falling through, and coming back up, and to tell you the truth, I think with independent film, that’s always been the case. It’s a balancing act at the best of times, but it’s definitely a balancing act now. It’s sticking to things, and seeing what miracle happens, and where the money actually holds. It’s the personal reward, because I love making them, but again, selfishly, because I love watching independent films," Keira told the magazine.


Then, she adds that, "That’s why I got into the film industry. They’re the ones I love going to see, and I think my gang of friends are exactly the same. And [I also love making indie films] for the slightly hair-raising stake that you never know if the money’s going to hold—there’s always time constraints, and it’s difficult to get the finance, and that’s actually a quite exciting part of the process. They’re not always going to work. That’s the nature of the beast."


As for her future plans, Keira shares with the magazine: "Then hopefully, at the end of the year, I’m going to do a film with Joe Wright, who I did Pride and Prejudice and Atonement with, but given the financial climate, nothing is ever for certain, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed."








My Ping in TotalPing.com