Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Looking to Reteam Onscreen



It was a match made in Hollywood heaven when Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie teamed up to star as a married couple secretly moonlighting as assassins in 2005's 'Mr. & Mrs. Smith.' The onscreen
chemistry was so palpable that it wasn't long before it seeped into reality. Now, six years and six children (three adopted, three biological) later, the power couple is looking to revisit that professional partnership that started it all.


In an interview with NPR, Pitt said that the couple is looking for another onscreen collaboration.


"We're not ones to repeat ourselves, but we'd like to, because right now, we're hopscotching with films so one can be with the kids and one's free to work," Pitt said. "And why aren't we doing them together? Why aren't we doing everything together?"


Pitt and Jolie are currently at the Cannes Film Festival with their brood in tow. He is promoting his long-anticipated Terrence Malick film 'The Tree of Life' while Jolie is there for 'Kung Fu Panda 2' co-starring Jack Black.


Pitt acknowledged that his transition into a father of six and full-blown family man following his divorce from Jennifer Aniston was abrupt, but the 47-year-old said that this was his plan from the start.


"I had a friend who had a big family when I was a kid. I just loved the chaos around the breakfast table and the fighting and the ribbing, and the mom making pancakes for everyone or the dad making pancakes. And I just decided then if I was ever going to do it -- this left some indelible mark on me -- if I was ever going to do it, that's the way I was going to do it."


He also reiterated his previous sentiment that the only critics that really matter to him are his children.


"I think my focus before was more irreverence, by nature," Pitt said. "I'm a dad now. It's more important to me that if I'm going to do the film, there's something I can bring to it, it's not generic. And most of all, I'm painfully aware that my kids are going to see these when they're older, and I want them to understand something about their dad, and I want them to be proud of their dad."




My Ping in TotalPing.com