Monday in Dallas

Today there were no celebrity sightings.  I took plenty of photos, but I feel as if they are of the same damn buildings.  Whatever, it's a good way to remember a trip - I try to find some good perspectives, good shots, and see how they turn out when I get them printed.

Went to lunch today at the Twisted Root Burger Co. - hey, Guy Fieri, if you're reading, I suggest you come here for Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives - it's the freakin' coolest burger joint I've ever been in.  You walk up to the counter, order whatever you want, and get a name card.  I was Sean Connery and Lindsay was Uma Thurman.  The guy behind the counter calls your "name" over the mic, and you get your food.  I had some of their Twisted Pineapple Root Beer, pretty damn good.  Lindsay had a peanut butter milkshake. 

We then walked around for a while (2 hours) and stumbled upon the Dallas Farmer's Market - nothing as I had envisioned.  I figured it'd be more or less an outdoor flea market, but I was wrong.  It was a snooze fest.  We passed "The Petropolitan" on S. Harwood and went in.  There was a little short-haired dachshund there with very long fingernails, but damn that thing made me want to buy it.  Problem was, we're in Dallas, we have to take a flight home, and it was someone elses dog.  0-3, no deal.  I think it was a doggy day care kind of place.

We were then at a crossroads - go back to the hotel or keep trekking.  We chose the latter, and went back to Sol Irlandes to have a few afternoon cocktails.  I moved on from the Modelo Especial's from yesterday (#3 imported beer in the USA) to the Negra Modelo today.  That is basically what my Monday afternoon consisted of - walking around downtown Dallas and throwing back some short, fat bottles of beer.  Lindsay had a few sangria's.  We were sick to our stomach looking at real estate prices for the apartments/lofts located on Main St. in downtown.  It's sickening - $900 for a loft in the heart of the city.  If I lived here, I'd go to Sol Irlandes every day for a drink at lunch.  It's a pretty cool town, I assume I'd get used to the heat.  As it stands now, I sweat my ass off.

We are now back at the hotel, relaxing for a while before choosing a dinner spot for the evening.  Time for an afternoon, vacation nap.  There is no other time I can actually take a nap but on vacation.  There's really no other time I can actually have beers in the afternoon, either.  I feel like I am in a foreign country.  Minus the foreigners, plus hundreds of homeless dudes.  I tell you what, Dallas has an abundance of homeless people.  There was a guy wearing corduroy pants and a parka - it's 97° out man, lose the parka.

Nap time.  Spirit Airlines pilots are probably taking a nap too.  They sure ain't flying planes.
My Ping in TotalPing.com