It' 6:17, do you know why I'm up?

Nathan needed to go out, that's why.  Yesterday he slept in, which allowed me to sleep in for the first time since like 2003.  I felt like crap yesterday for the most part, so sleeping until 7:25am was nice, although it didn't help how I felt.  Today, 5:57am and he was walking on the wooden floor, my alarm clock.  Might as well be productive for five minutes.

R.I.P. John Wooden - UCLA legend John Wooden passed away at the ripe old age of 99 yesterday.  He was considered a teacher and an innovator.  He led his Bruins squad to 88 consecutive wins between January 1971 and January 1974, including two undefeated National Championships.  No small order.  He was and always will be considered the greatest of all time.

AJ Burnett looked like crap, and the Yankees lost to the Blue Jays 6-1 last night at Rogers Centre.  They didn't even have an RBI - Swisher had a nice GIDP in the 6th to score their only run.  Completely uninspired effort last night, but it was against one of the hottest pitchers in the league, LHP Brett Cecil.  He's improved to 6-2 on the year, winning his last four starts with a 1.21 ERA over that span.  Today, Andy Pettitte will take on another Toronto lefty, Ricky Romero, who actually has better numbers than Cecil this year.  Tall order, Yankees win, Yankeeeeeeeees win!

Back to the A/C - I'm done for now.  And I'm ready to eat brunch at Jesse and Julia's engagement brunch today.  Checked out the menu last night, looks good.  Will give you the rundown when we get back.
My Ping in TotalPing.com