"Sorry baby."

Driving through a crowded parking lot often calls for slow speeds and open eyes.  Said parking lot was as packed as I'd ever seen it before, whether it be for the movies (Toy Story 3 or Shrek Forever After) or because of the deals going on over at Barnes and Noble.  In any event, people should drive with caution in crowded parking lots.

Not long after we got out of the car, we were crossing the lanes within the parking lot limits to get to B&N.  We're about half-way through the first lane and a car rips around the corner - I mean she actually accelerated to make a turn - and almost took out LMD.  I mean this car missed using my wife as a speed bump by two feet.


I went ballistic. I called her an series of expletives and pumped a raised my fist at her.  Onlookers were shocked at the language used to address such a driver, but it was instinctive.  I did, however, refrain from flipping this lady off, which is usually my first reaction. (I guess I showed some restraint.)   I was convinced that if I had something in my hand - anything - I would have fired it at the car.  I am not kidding, she accelerated and miss LMD by two feet (2', 24", 2/3 yd.)  There was a lady holding a baby just outside the entrance, who happened to see the whole thing unfold.  "Sorry baby" I said, to which the mother laughed.  She was thinking what I blurted out.


Now it's pouring out, so this aforementioned mad-woman driver is probably tearing up a side road at 65 mph with no wipers and her lights off.

Now I am going to search for new cars - or new used cars.  "Blue" seems to be running out of steam.  I guess for $800, having a car for over two years is a good return on investment.

Happy hunting!
My Ping in TotalPing.com