Strasburg has landed (and DirecTV blows)

Today's the day. 

Stephen Strasburg makes his ML debut tonight - and the fans in Washington D.C. have taken notice.  It's a sellout with only SRO tickets available at the box office tonight.  I hope the Nats' are able to perform in front of all those fans.  Average attendance this year at a Nationals home game is just under 21,600 a game.  Tonight, Nationals Park will be packed to the gills, with over 41,546 expected to have a seat and who knows how many more standing.

Every time he starts at home, it should be close to a sellout.  I hope it goes well.  I plan on watching this young man dominate the Pirates tonight.  I hope it's on TV here in the NYC area - MLB Network should have it on, but who knows.  First and last time a Nats/Bucs game will be nationally televised. 

My DirecTV was all sorts of screwed up this morning - it was 70 and sunny out but for some reason my satellite had no service.  I paid my bill early.  There is no growth around the dish.  The wiring is sound.  I called this morning and was put on hold and after 30 minutes listening to the worst elevator music imaginable, I hung up, after a profanity-laced tirade at the music - made me feel better.  DirecTV, your technical support service blows!  Maybe it wasn't just my satellite, maybe it took so damn long because everyone was fired up about theirs not working.  Let's hope it's ready to go at lunch, otherwise I'm unleashing fury on whoever answers the call.  They'll probably tell me they can't access the dish because my landlord refuses to do any work on the yard and it looks like a freaking jungle.  I think I actually saw a leopard scampering through the side lot.  Hey, dick, clean up this dump of a yard!
My Ping in TotalPing.com