MLB Draft

The MLB Draft is on television tonight (it started at 7pm EST) on MLB Network.  No surprise to see super-douche Bryce Harper go #1.  I got my DraftTracker up on the computer because I can't stand to listen to it.  I like the DT because they give a pretty in depth scouting report on these kids, and it allows me to go back to my d1baseball.com site and scour through the teams to find these guys' stats.  The Mets are on the clock and selected Matt Harvey, a local kid (Mystic, CT) from UNC.  Stud-like numbers this year in Chapel Hill - 8-3, 3.09 ERA, 96 IP, 80 H, 35 BB, 102 K with a miniscule .224 BAA, in the almighty ACC.  Not to mention he throws low- to mid-90's  Good for the Mets, good for Harvey. 

The Astros are on the clock now, I think they can use some help right now.  Astros pick is in:  Delino DeShields Jr., son of former Expos great Delino DeShields.  I think they should have found a stud arm but DD Jr. is probably a stud.  Good bloodlines with plus speed.  Seems like a guy in the Michael Bourn mold.  I played against him in the Cape Cod Baseball League back in the summer of 2002.  I was a Bourn Braves guy and he was a Y-D Red Sox guy.  I'm pretty sure I struck him out - my first appearance was against Y-D and I threw 3 perfect innings with 5 K's.  He had a good summer that year - he was a sophomore at Houston.  He hit .287 with 23 SB's - I was 2-1 with a 3.96 ERA in 36.1 IP with 34 K and 11 BB.  Respectable numbers from a RHP from a small time collee program.

Lindsay and Nathan are here now, she is busting my balls saying they're more interesting, which is true.  They're pretty awesome.  I'm tired of watching this slow-as-shit draft.  It's like the NFL draft, it is taking forever. 

Live well.
My Ping in TotalPing.com