One week to go

Before the much anticipated ML-debut of Stephen Strasburg.  He will take the hill June 8th for the Nationals, as they play host to the Pirates.  So basically, he will still be pitching against a AAA team, even in his debut.  Sorry, that was too easy to pass up.

He's putting up some sick numbers in the minors though:  between AA and AAA, he's 6-2 with a 1.43 ERA and 60 K in 50.1 IP.  He's only let up 28 hits and walked only 12.  His numbers are nothing short of staggering, and I expect him to dominate in his debut, and possibly his next start (it's looking like the Indians).  We'll see, I can care less about this guy, but I am anxious to see what all this hype is about.  I doubt he'll put up Ubaldo Jiménez numbers right away, but we'll see.

Good luck Stephen.
My Ping in TotalPing.com