Spare some change

Homeless people seem to be rampant in Dallas.  Not that they are anything like the homeless in NYC, they are pretty nonchalant.  They aren't up in your face, they ask for a quarter here and there, and they ask for donations for morning newspapers (the ones you get for free in the plastic containers - real estate, autos, etc.).  All you need to do is walk past them.  Some guy even read me poetry.  I gave him a buck.  I was duped.

There is, however, a large police presence in the downtown area.  They are always around, whether it be on foot, bicycle, motorcycle, car, or van.  They're all over, regulating on the homeless ass.  There was a lady yesterday on a street corner, behind a bench, laying in the grass.  It was brought to my attention by the five police officers who were trying to control the situation.  All they needed was one - the woman wasn't moving and was covered in grass and dirt.  I immediately began looking for blood but there was none.  She was just assed out.

Homeless beware, the cops are out.  In full force.

The homeless are fans of the Lakers/Celtics series though - there was a congregation of about four the other night for Game 5.  They stood outside the bar and peered in through the windows.  I told Lindsay that if I happened to be by myself, I would have invited them in and bought them a beer.  Then I would have left, leaving them to fend for themselves.

They don't really sleep during the day like the ones in NYC, they're pretty active.  They seem to always be crossing the street.

I'm a good soul.
My Ping in TotalPing.com