Angelina Jolie Turns Down Bin Laden Questions



Angelina Jolie, Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman gave an odd press conference at the Cannes Film Festival today, detailed in a highly entertaining report over at Vulture.


According to reporter Jada Yuan, Jolie, who voices Tigress in the computer animated 'Kung Fu Panda 2' and its predecessor, was grilled about "Jolie's children, Jolie's motherhood, Jolie playing tough women, Jolie playing a tigress, Jolie's great popularity in China, what Jolie thinks about bin Laden."


"I'm here in the context of 'Kung Fu Panda'; I'd rather not get into such a heavy issue," Jolie replied.


Jolie being pressed about Bin Laden during a press conference about a children's film wasn't the end of the strangeness, though. Asked to summarize the festival in the south of France, Hoffman curiously told Vulture, "It's plastic paradise. When there's no festival, it's paradise. When there's a festival, it's plastic paradise."


Another reporter asked Jolie, Black and Hoffman how they felt about 'Kung Fu Panda' series creating some of their most memorable roles after such distinguished careers.


"Well," said Dustin Hoffman, laughing at the blunt question, "I think it's a fitting end to a long, distinguished career. If, you know, if I was never aware of irony before, I am now."


The stars were also quizzed about how they find inner peace. Hoffman's reply? "I've never been so at peace as I am at this moment, being this famous, in front of all these cameras, and sitting next to Angelina."




My Ping in TotalPing.com