Dear: Hunter Boots

With the winter being so unpredictable here in the Northeast, I invested in another pair of winter boots.  Yes, I'll admit to you about having a pair of Timberland boots for the snow that are ridiculously comfortable (unless I wear ankle socks) and waterproof, to boot (haha).  After watching my wife walk right through puddles large and small alike and trudge through giant snow banks, I became jealous.

Hunter Boots were on my radar.

My wife has a pair of tall purple boots from your company.  I was not about to get a pair of purple tall boots.  I just wanted to be able to walk through puddles and more than 8" of snow without worrying if my socks and feet were going to get soaking wet.

I knew, after doing extensive research, that the men's original short boot was the best choice for me.  I didn't need a giant knee-high boot to walk around in, I just wanted to be able to walk through puddles.  I can't speak for other cities, but here in NYC, street corners generally turn into small ponds once the snow begins to melt.  Small, gross, murky, dirty-water ponds.

Thanks to your boots - which are now my boots - I no longer have to jump over these puddles.  I tried it once with the Timberland boots on (jumping, that is) and my cell phone came out of my pocket and cracked.

My one knock is that the damn socks for inside the boots are $35.  Really?  Crew socks are working just fine for me because I refuse to spend $35 on a single pair of socks.  Can't you just add a little bit of insulation to the boots?  I mean you charge enough.

I know there are plenty of companies that manufacture similar boots, but after buying Lindsay a pair a while back, I was always secretly envious of her water-walking ability.

In closing, I may look like I'm going fishing or farming while wearing the boots, but I'm certain that my feet will not get wet.

Thanks, and keep the puddles coming.
My Ping in TotalPing.com