Dear: Lady Who Uses Elevator To Go One Flight

I've said it before and I'll say it again - USE THE STAIRS!!

Is it really necessary to use the elevator to travel up one flight of stairs?  If my math is correct, aren't floors roughly ten feet apart?

You got on the elevator on the first floor and didn't know where the button was for the second floor.  Are you blind?  And even if you are, there is braille on the numbers so you do know.  And if you're not, chances are it's somewhere near the bottom of the panel, just like every other elevator in the world.

And please, don't look up like you're surprised you're on the first floor when you get in.  You're not fooling anyone, especially me.

If you've got a disability, then fine, take the elevator one flight.  But if you willingly and ably walk in between those closing doors by the power of your own two legs, do not take it one flight.

Take after me - if I get on the elevator and another person is getting off a floor from where I'm going (especially if it's past my destination), I use the stairs. 

Here's the example:  Me and Joe Schmo get on on Floor 1.  He presses his destination, Floor 9, before I get to push my destination, Floor 8.  Instead of slowing down the process for Joe Schmo, I get off on Floor 9 and walk down a flight to Floor 8.  Painless, and I even got in some exercise.

I am not tooting my own horn, but laziness is killing this country.  Get off your ass (and the elevator) and walk up or down a flight.

And while I'm at it, tell your friend the "parking lot stalker" to park a little farther away and walk a few more steps.  It ain't gonna kill her.

Sloth is one of the seven deadly sins.

Have a great day.
My Ping in TotalPing.com