Losing Sucks; Souvenir City; Team First

Losing...It never gets any easier. We had a good game going on (largely in part to them giving us two runs in the first inning on two errors) and then it happened. By it I mean the big inning.

Bases loaded, two outs, and a full count (we were down 4-3). Slider on the black to a lefty called ball four. 5-3. The pitch was there all game long, but somehow went away in a huge spot. Next guy singles to left to drive in two more, makes it 7-3. We get the third out and up we come in the top of the ninth.

There was no comeback today. Tough loss, any way you slice it 4-3 or 7-3 - an L is an L is an L.

Tomorrow we'll have another chance at winning a series. It's just frustrating when mental errors come back to hurt you, as was the case (to an extent) today.

Oh well, it's over and done with.

I am going to head on over to the Pro Shop and take a look around. Every road trip I go on I try to come back with something for Lindsay - magnets, dolphin candy dishes, candles - so hopefully this hole has a little something I can bring back. Dinner is a buffet style thing I set up through a local restaurant - very anxious to see how they do things down here. I'm looking forward to it. Team activities build good teams. I know some would rather go out with their parents, but team is team - we're here as a unit. Bonding time.

Shower time for me first. Be back later y'all. (that's as southern as I get)
My Ping in TotalPing.com