Rivalry Week; Prep Work; Recovery

Now that the Super Bowl is over, what can a sports fan look forward to next?  How about some NCAA College Basketball - especially this week.

Rivalry Week.

Indiana at Purdue - tonight at 7 pm.  (On paper, it's thormoo's Boilers all the way, but factor in the hate factor for the Hoosiers and it may stay a game for a little while.)

Tennessee at Kentucky - tonight at 9 pm.  (Kentucky's coming off a tough L at Florida.  Bruce Pearl is back on the bench for Tennessee.  This one won't be short on offense - loads of points.)

Georgetown at Syracuse - tomorrow at 7 pm.  (The Orange seem to be back on track after two big road wins.  G'Town has won 6 straight, including a W at Villanova.  Typical bloodbath in the Big East.)

Texas at Oklahoma - tomorrow at 7 pm.  (Texas has a W in 8 straight including 4 vs. Top 15 teams.  The Sooners are mediocre at 12-10, but 11-1 at home.  This one has some intrigue.)

North Carolina at Duke - tomorrow at 9 pm.  (UNC is ranked and relevant.  Duke is coming off a demolition of NC State.  The best rivalry in college basketball gets better.)

Some other matchups:  BYU at Air Force (Wednesday at 10 pm); Florida at South Carolina (Wednesday at 8 pm); and St. Mary's at Santa Clara (Thursday at 11 pm);

This is always one of my favorite weeks, even though I have no ties to any of these schools.  Duke is the team I root for but some of these other games might catch my attention.

As far as prep work goes, I just ordered a car charger for my iPad for the grueling 12 hour bus trips later this month into early March.  I can't see my iPad lasting that long, now when I am on the 3G playing games, sending e-mails, listening to music, and maybe even watching the occasional movie.

We head to Western Carolina (in Cullowhee, NC); Winthrop (in Rock Hill, SC), Tennessee (in Knoxville, TN), Philadelphia (which is only a few hours), then finally to East Tennessee State (in Johnson City, TN).  Quite a bit of travel going on.  At least I'm beginning to get ready for it, or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

As far as my health is concerned, and I'm sure my entire Blog Army was concerned, I feel I'm working at about 95% today.  Yesterday it felt like my body just didn't want me to do anything.  I felt weak and light-headed and had a migraine.  I was pretty useless for anything but sleep.  Today I woke up at 4:39 am and was ready to go.

I even did some running today - 1.5 miles in a shade over 12 minutes.

Stay tuned!
My Ping in TotalPing.com