My Super Sunday; Duke Pumps NC St.

After a measly 5 hours of sleep last night, I am back in the gym.  Practice went well - took some ground balls, hit live, hit of the machines, and spoke on some mental aspects of the game we need to improve on.  Overall, I felt it was a successful practice.

I proceeded to set up for the women's basketball game this afternoon at 2 pm, which will hinder my cooking and prep time for Super Bowl Tapas menu at the Darcy Apartment.

I think I'm going with some "buffalo" turkey meatballs, a nice homemade guacamole, and some wings from a new wings joint that just opened up on Broadway.  Jesse is making a few things as well, and when Lindsay heads to the store to pick up the last-minute ingredients, I'm sure she'll come back with a few surprises.

Moving on to college hoops, Duke barreled through an over-matched NC State team 76-52 - easily covering the 19.5 point spread.  They head in to their Tobacco Road showdown with North Carolina on Wednesday night with a head of steam.  UNC is finally playing well again after a year or so of mediocrity.  Should be a battle, as it always is with these two teams.  Even when one or both teams are struggling, this matchup brings out the beasts in both sides.  Tune in to that one.

Finally, the Super Bowl is tonight.  Still not sure how the Packers are favored in this one, but I think they will find a way to win.  They are inexperienced but I think they'll go in to this one loose.  For what it's worth, the game is still the same, it's just magnified by the stage.  I will probably only make it to the 3rd Quarter because of fatigue.

Very much looking forward to the commercials - they always give me a good laugh.  Doritos has always had good ones in the past, as has Budweiser.  I hope there's a dark horse this year that puts out a hilarious commercial that provokes me to impulsively buy their product.

Packers 24
Steelers 18

Time to type up activity logs.  Go Pack Go!
My Ping in TotalPing.com