Boilers Win; Vols/Cats Get it Going; Wind Storm in the BX

Purdue
Purdue shot a lot of free throws.  Indiana did not.  Purdue coasted to an easy victory over Indiana, 67-53.

They held the Hoosiers to 33% from the floor, including 2-14 from three (that's 14%), and 7-7 from the stripe.  Hard to win when you get out-shot by 21 free throw attempts.  Purdue managed only 38% from the floor, 4-14 from three, and 21 of 28 at the stripe. 

The line was Purdue (-14) and wound up +14 at the line and +14 for the game. 

There was the difference right there.  Purdue held on and will probably not benefit in the polls unless the teams ahead of them lose - after all, Indiana is under .500 (12-13, 3-9 Big Ten). 

Purdue got this Rivalry Week win but head to Hoosierville February 23rd.  Indiana will be sure to have payback on their mind.  Spoiler alert?

Tennessee/Kentucky
Tennessee and Kentucky are in the early stages of this one, 15:58 and the first media timeout.  5-5.  Boooooring!  Both teams are too tight but once they loosen up, it's on.  Coach Cal will get these boys rolling.  Bruce Pearl will sweat through his orange blazer.  Just flipped on the game - 14-7 now and Pearl's blazer is as hideous as ever.  Maybe I'll see him when we head down there in March so I can tell him it looks terrible on television.

Wind Storm
There is some sort of wind storm going on here in the Bronx.  It's been howling since this afternoon and it's a frigid wind.  I guess it could be worse, it could be snow.  I have to take Nathan out one more time, probably in 2 minutes, and then it's bed time.  Another early practice tomorrow. 

I am going to bring my Flip Video one of these days and record a walk in and post it here.  It's a dark, scary walk in at 4:45 am.  Hold me to it - I will even add commentary as I walk.

Later dudes and dudettes!  Hang 10! (I have never surfed in my life)
My Ping in TotalPing.com