Duke Survives; Rutgers Shocks Villanova; Forgetfulness

Duke Survives
I try to prevent myself from getting too excited about some things - namely Duke basketball.  To say I get angry is a fair assessment.  Last night, I became irate at how they were playing and flipped it off when they went into the half down 14 points to a North Carolina team that seemed to have as good an inside presence as anyone in the country. 

For most of the second half, I checked the score on my ESPN ScoreCenter app on the iPad and saw that they kept creeping closer and closer.  Finally, I gave in and turned it on in bed.  And lo and behold, they pulled out a win - an emotional, hard fought win over a bitter rival.  Nolan Smith threw his name in the hat for National Player of the Year honors after his 34-point outburst helped seal the Blue Devils 79-73 win.  On the other hand, Kyle Singler shot a dreadful 3-17 from the floor - he needs to pick it up.  He did hit 3 huge FT's in the closing minute.  On a lighter note, Seth Curry scored 22 points on 8 of 12 shooting.  In order to be successful, non-traditional stars have to step up - as Curry did.

Duke dropped a 50 spot on the Heels in the second half, and their traditionally strong defense showed up over the last twenty minutes.  Thirty-three in a row at home is a pretty impressive number.  Duke travels to Miami (FL) on Sunday and a UVa on Wednesday before returning home for a matchup with a mediocre Georgia Tech team.

Good win, now on to the next one.

Rutgers Shocks Villanova
A last second 4-point play (on a very questionable call) game Rutgers a home win over #10 Villanova.  I watched only the replay, and it looked like the defender put his arm straight up, but a foul was still called.  IT takes a lot of nuts for a referee to make that call in the closing seconds of a game.

Forgetfulness
A random student just came in to the "office" and asked if anyone found his sweatpants from last night - I wasn't even here. Keep in mind that my "office" is shared with the entire student-athlete population seeing how the equipment room is attached to my "office" and the laundry pick-up is in the back of my "office".  This is not my issue.

It has been bitter cold out here in the NY, especially at night.  How the hell do you forget to put your sweatpants on before you leave the gym.  Did you forget it's 15° outside?  I forget where I put things quite often, but if it's cold, I won't just walk outside in a pair of shorts.  I told him I hadn't seen them, and apologized (as if it were my fault).  Stupid.

I have to set up for some luncheon thing, and I'm probably not even invited.  Thanks.   
My Ping in TotalPing.com