History (Link) Lesson

Wanted to touch on a few things that happened in the world on this day, March 23rd.  Stay with me here, as I have a tendency to scatter from thought to thought.

Way back in 1775, Patrick Henry gave his "Give me liberty, or give me death" speech which helped sway the VA House of Burgesses to pass a resolution to send the Virginia troops to the Revolutionary War.

1998 - "Titanic" won a record-tying 11 Oscars at the 70th Academy Awards.  The movie who's record it tied?  (at the bottom of the post)

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, in 1965, astronaut John Young became the first man to eat a corned-beef sandwich in outer space.  He smuggled the sandwich on board because he was sick of the dehydrated space food.

Will Smith was born today.  No, not the one who's been gettin' jiggy wit' it - the English geologist who introduced the method of estimating, from fossils, the age of geological formations.  (he was born in 1769)

Alydar, a race horse who finished second to Affirmed in all three Triple Crown races back in 1978, was born today 36 years ago.  Alydar can now be found in an Elmer's glue container.  Good run horse.

My head is really beginning to bother me, so I am going to take it easy with a little nap in the back equipment room.

Also, this weather is awful.  I woke up to fine a dusting of snow on my car and rain coming down from the sky.  What the hell is going on around these parts lately?  I am sick of living in the Bronx and I need to get out!  Can anyone help?

(and the movie "Titanic" tied is "Ben-Hur")
My Ping in TotalPing.com