Bronx Battle Royale

Heading over to Fordham to take on the Rams in what always winds up being a chippy game.  Both of our school are in the Bronx, separated by a little over four miles.

We both recruit the same kids so this game sometimes goes a long way in winning the recruiting battle.

As for the game, the Battle of the Bronx is huge.  I always loved playing Fordham - I hated them.  They were the ones who told me I didn't throw hard enough.  Looks like I had the last laugh in that one, beating them several times in my four years at Manhattan.  Even if my arm didn't feel so good, I wanted an inning against them (midweek games acted as a bullpen session for me).

We are very young, so I hope the kids understand the importance of this win - for our team, the administration, and the schools in general.  Beating Fordham goes a long way. 

If we can keep the walks low (which was our problem last weekend) we'll be OK.  I think we'll hit, and our defense has been pretty decent.  Like they said in one of my all-time favorite movie's Boiler Room - "ABC - always be closing".

Let's get after it today.
My Ping in TotalPing.com