Birthday Roll Call; Dear: Rain

Birthday Roll Call
Happy (dead) Birthday to the 4th President of this great nation, James Madison.  You'd be 260 years old today, Jemmie (what his friends called him).  This guy was the littlest President in history, weighing in at a whopping 100 pounds and standing around five feet, four inches tall.  A pretty dimunitive leader.  He made an astounding $25,000 a year when he was in office.  Happy Birthday to the guy who said "I always talk better lying down" on his deathbed.

Blake Griffin is 22-years old today.  Imagine being that talented at such a young age.  The dude's a man-child.  Here's a list of some of his accomplishments in the NBA - 2011 Slam Dunk Champ, 2011 All-Star, regular on ESPN's Top Plays.  In college, he was the 2009 Big 12 Player of the Year, 2009 Naismith College Player of the Year, 2009 AP National Player of the Year, 2009 Oscar Robertson Trophy, and the 2009 Adolph Rupp Trophy.  Those might not mean a lot to a non-basketball fan (like myself) but if you watch this kid play, he's an absolute beast.  Happy Birthday!


Dear Rain,

Just when I thought the precipitation would end for a few days, just a few days, you dump a few inches of rain on us.  At least you had the decency to bring it overnight. 

I am not a fan of your little brother snow either, but him I can tolerate.  It doesn't get me soaking wet when I step outside.  The only advantage you have is that when you're around, the weather is typically a little warmer.  Today though, it's only about 37° out there, so you're on the fence.

Sure, they've said you bring May flowers, but it's not even April, so why the hell did you decide to arrive early?

Anyway, I digress.

I appreciate what you're trying to do - green up the grass and clean the cars.  I am just glad I'm living in NY and not in Henderson Lake, British Columbia, which averages 256" of rain a year.  In Guadeloupe, Caribbean Islands, 1.5" of rain once fell in one minute - a record.  We only get around 42" of rain a  year here, so I won't bitch too much.

Anyways, you're supposed to be outta here by noon, so I can't get on you too much.  But do me a favor, rain when it's convenient for me - like during the overnight hours.  I don't drive too far to work, so I am not concerned with the toll you take on traffic, but ease up on them too.

We got a game today over at Seton Hall in South Orange, NJ at 3:30 pm.  They got turf, so I hope you don't factor in to the game.

Here's to staying dry.

Love,

Ryan
My Ping in TotalPing.com