Posting with Pictures

Glassjaw was very, very good last night.  Extremely good.  Then they  played their encore (Stations of the New Cross) and totally lost me.  It was too long, too drawn out, and just lacked the excitement that they generally bring.  They played all their "new" stuff along with some great old songs.  Here's the setlist from last night's show.  Also a picture of the outside of the theater as we walked by on the way to Tonic for some pre-concert food and drinks.

One thing is for sure - Daryl cannot weigh more than 145 pounds.  If he does, I want to see the scale.  He was super flamboyant last night (which is nothing new) but he's normally a little more hardcore with Glassjaw - the flamboyance is very apparent when he plays with Head Automatica.  Here's a cool silhouette of the stupidly-thin frontman.  I stayed away from the pit(s) and enjoyed the show from a safe viewing distance.

I saw several people I went to high school with there - as I'd imagined I would.  Glassjaw is something like legend on the Long Island music scene, and whenever they play in the area, you're bound to run into people you know - some you like to see, others not so much.  Dan Durkin, Lisa Weber, Bryan McGrath (not Sugar Ray), Mike Woods, Nick Lombardo (of Evolving Habitat fame) - they were disappointed a little bit with the performance.  And though they sounded great, they were a bit better in January when I went to see them. 

Here's a video of "Tip Your Bartender" from the show - I was probably a few feet over from this guy.


Here's another picture of the backdrop of the set, their standard flag and green lighting.

I also got a new t-shirt - a black one with some rad "gj" design on it.  That  means I have to go and throw out three t-shirts from my dresser.  Also got their latest EP, Coloring Book, on the house, as I walked out.  Only problem was I threw mine in my back pocket when we left, and three blocks later it was gone.  I took Jesse's since I bought him his ticket.  Oh well - I put it on my iPod and my iPad this morning. Here's the album "art" - pretty basic shit.

I think I drank a little more than I thought I did, I am still feeling a little off today.  Definitely not hungover, but definitely not 100% functional.  I wore shorts outside today - it's thirty-four degrees out there (only because my sweats were in the gym).  Got practice at 2 this afternoon, leaving for Siena at 6 tonight.  A two and a half hour bus trip - a breeze compared to the longer ones.

Time to get the day going peeps, I hope you all enjoyed my post about me enjoying my evening.
My Ping in TotalPing.com