Live from Room 206; Madness Ensuing in Round 2; Bus'ed Out

Live from Room 206
Just got out of the shower and finishing getting ready, all the while posting a sentence or two - multi-tasking I believe is the proper term.

Breakfast is a buffet and was a mad house yesterday, due in part to people not opening their mouths. The line was at least 20 long and wasn't moving, so I took to the front of the line to find someone who worked there. I found a woman, asked her if the line was just for tables or if we could bring it to the courtyard (this SpringHill Suites is real nice). She said it was only for tables, so I got in line and let the rest of the line know. Alas, there was no line.

People seemed dismayed with what I did, but I think they should be thanking me, otherwise they would've been in like for another 20 minutes. All because they were too passive to ask. I guess they weren't from New York.

Madness Ensuing in Round 2
What a tournament it's been so far. Buzzer beaters. Blowouts. Nail biters. Big East fizzling out.

Butler shocked the world when they beat Pitt in the waning seconds last night. The referees had blood in their veins as they called 2 fouls with under 1.5 seconds left. The first was against Butler with them up 1 point. Stupid foul near half court. Pitt made 1 of 2 free throws. Butler rebounded the second one and the guy just went to throw the ball in the air and was fouled by a Pitt player - 90' from the hoop. Just get away from the guy - neither team had a timeout and I have never, ever seen a 90 footer at the buzzer. Ever. Butler wins; Cinderella still has her slipper on.

UConn knocked off Cincinnati, as expected. Kentucky took care of West Virginia after a tight first half. We all know that Georgetown, Louisville, St. John's and Villanova took an exit in the 2nd Round (which is mystifying - apparently the 4 games to get in are considered the 1st Round now?!?) Syracuse faces Marquette today - in a game I expect 'Cuse to dominate. Notre Dame has a tough one today with the Seminoles. I can't think of the 11th team the Big Easy got in - someone help.

Bus'ed Out
Game at 12:15 against Villanova today then a bus ride back to the Bronx, where we're going to get back with some daylight left. It's a miracle. Only a two and a half hour trip - factor in traffic - three hour trip back to the Bronx. After all those 12 and 13 hour trips, this is a breeze.

Time to eat. I'm starving.
My Ping in TotalPing.com