Stories; Snain'ing?; Seething; Stupid Sir; Stoked

Stories
There are plenty of stories in the news, typically none of which are pleasant, but I will try to touch on some of the cool ones brought to us by our friends at wired.com.

- AT&T to buy T-Mobile - and the cost was only $39 billion.  This will create the largest wireless company in the US.
- Nerd Olympiad? - finally, an outlet for nerds to compete outside of the Mathathon and Science Fair.  Check out these contests, and maybe join in - anonymously.
- Brew Sun Tea - outside, I guess?  I wouldn't recommend it out here in the Bronx, with the air quality, but maybe for those of you who live in fresh air, check this out.  Kinda neat.
- Shoe Scans? - really, TSA?  Shoe scans?  As if I am hiding some sort of drug in my Air Max air bubble?  You make us take the shoes/sneakers off, that's not good enough?  Waste some more money.
- Looking for a Camera? - check out this helpful article.  I am always researching cameras, but seem to never really know all that much about them.  My subscription to Popular Photography is cool though.
 
Snain'ing
Woke up this morning and took Nathan out - and BAM! - snain.  A slick combination of snow and rain trickling down from the heavens.  I mean it is only thirty-four degrees outside, so I guess the precipitation is having a hard time deciding what it wants to be - snow or rain.

How freaking miserable.  I can deal with a little colder weather, but when the snow starts up again, it makes me seethe.  Anyway.

Seething
Another thing that is making me seethe is the bullpen - or lack thereof.  Anyone we bring in late in games seems to just fold.  Not sure if it's a mental inability to do it, a lack of belief in themselves, or the physical ability to get it done (which I know it's not because I've seen them all do it in HS).  It probably is just my fault.  When in doubt, blame someone else - in this case, me.  It's not so much a case of displacement, more like projection. 

How good do you want to be?  Me, I didn't have the best skill set, but I worked my ass off trying to get better - during practice and outside of it as well.  Some of these kids, I question that drive, that will to win, the desire to be the best.  Come in on your off day and throw a bag of baseballs into a strike zone.  Work on mechanics in the mirror.  I can't hold their hand all the way here.  I wish I could, but ultimately they have to want it for themselves.

Oh well, kids are different.

Stupid Sir
March Madness is cool though.  The games are good, and listening to Charles Barkley sound like a complete asshole on live television gives me a good laugh.  Dude sounds so ignorant you can't help but laugh. 

Stoked
For glassjaw on Thursday.  I've had these tickets for several months now and am listening to the new "Coloring Book EP" on YouTube right now.  Six tracks that will be mine after the show at Best Buy Theater.  Excited to go to a concert again - the last one I went to was glassjaw.  I guess I'm a fan.
My Ping in TotalPing.com