Big East Day 1 Shockers; First Practice on our Field

Big East Day 1 Shockers
UConn was wrapped up in a tight one with pathetic DePaul yesterday until the Huskies blew it open.  The same could not be said for Seton Hall, as they saw their NCAA hopes dashed after an OT loss to Rutgers.  Villanova pissed away a huge halftime lead to 3-win-in-Big-East South Florida and eventually lost on a last second layup, all but eliminating their NCAA chances (I think).  And Providence didn't put up much resistance to a Marquette team that's been pretty up and down.
I was 2-2 on my picks yesterday.

Today's picks go like this:  UConn over G'Town; St. John's over Rutgers; Cinci over an over-elated South Florida; and upset special Marquette over Huggins' kids at WVU.

First Practice on our Field
Yesterday was our first practice on our actual field.  Yes, it's true - we have played 7 games so far and have yet to practice on anything besides a gym floor or a turf soccer field.  No live reads on the outfield or on the bases.

Today is the second day - if we ever get out there.  There's a softball game and I'm going to have to rally some troops (between classes and midterms) to help me shovel snow off the first base line so that a game can be played.  A plow was brought in several weeks ago to remove snow, but the only field it cleared was lacrosse.  (MLax, WLax, Softball all share a giant turf park) Doesn't seem right to me.  This stuff has turned into blocks of ice, but based on what I saw yesterday, it is softening up.  Enough for their to be a game at 3:00pm this afternoon?  TBD.

Either way, I will spend the better part of my day down there getting it ready - or attempting to.  I hope we have some metal shovels down there because plastic shit shovels are going to snap left and right.  The other issue is that class is in full swing and midterms are this week.  I'll be lucky to get 5 or 6 guys for a job that really needs 15 or so.

Fun. (sike)
My Ping in TotalPing.com