Long Ride Home; Headache; March Madness

Long Ride Home
After getting our balls kicked in in the finale this afternoon, we are on the bus home. Eleven hours until we change drivers in Maryland. It's a little somber on the bus, which is good for a change. Normally, it's like a freaking party - win or lose.

Kids are different nowadays. They don't seem to care about team, it's about me me me. I question our will, want, and desire to win.

They're more concerned with flirting with a waitress or who's winning this basketball game or what's on television. Baseball doesn't seem to be paramount. It's all secondary bullshit and it will not and cannot translate into winning.

Do some things on your own, maybe it'll help. If your kids are video game addicts, get them outside and have a catch, kick the ball around, shoot some hoops. Be active. Generate some athleticism. Create a passion.

Headache
My head aches. It always does on these damn bus trips. I took aspirin and ate something, but it didn't help. If I feel like this the entire trip I'm gonna be one miserable SOB.

March Madness
Duke is a #1 seed. UConn is a #3. Colorado got shafted, hard. VCU? Really? Big East finally got 11 teams in.

(3)UConn possibly can face (6)Cincinnati in Round 2.
(11)Marquette can face (3)Syracuse in Round 2.

No other conference has a potential matchup in Round 2.

Some interesting match ups though, that's for sure.

(7)Texas A&M and (10)Florida St. - two teams with good size and athleticism who play physical.
(6)St. John's and (11)Gonzaga - St. John's is back dancing and facing an NCAA regular. Not an easy First Round game for the Johnnies.
(5)Arizona and (12)Memphis - Memphis is playing well, and Arizona is hot and cold. Both these teams are bipolar. See who shows up for both sides.

OK I gotta go. My head is pounding. I feel like shit.

Location:I-81 North

My Ping in TotalPing.com