Dear: Post Cereal

As I was eating a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats - Almond, Lindsay looked at me and said "cereal is awesome".  I couldn't agree with her more.

The selection of cereal Post puts out in mind blowingly excellent.  Below, I will list several of the cereals you allow me and my fellow civilians to consume. 

I am not your typical cereal enthusiast - I love cereal.  I get after cereal.  On average, I get four bowls of cereal per 16 oz. box.  I know that's not the serving size based on the daily recommended allowance or whatever the hell they call it.  I can care less.  And the people at Post should thank me for my gluttony towards the brand - the more I eat, the more I buy.  A big thanks to Costco for selling them in bulk for a great price - $7.70 for 48 ounces of goodness.

Here's a run-down of some of the cereals you make me crave:
1. Honey Bunches of Oats - Awesome!  Those clusters of oats and honey and those delicate little flakes that somehow hold up to the milk so well are a match made in heaven.
2. grape-nuts - My inner bird comes out when eating this pebble-like cereal.  Not sure how many people eat them - I eat them on occasion - but the texture makes it almost a challenge to eat without breaking my teeth.  Challenge accepted.  I love barley!  The only problem is the damn box is so small - either that or the cereal itself just takes up too little space.
3. Raisin Bran - Two scoops?  You can easily get away with three or four.  Only issue I have with you is the raisins sink to the bottom of the bowl, so it's a fruity fiesta at the bottom of the bowl.  The flakes are sweet enough but aren't overpowered by the sweetness of the raisins. 
4. Alpha Bits - Although I haven't bought a box of Alpha Bits for some time, I remember the simple letters coated in a light frost that were awesome to eat.  The milk gets a little sweeter and by the time comes to drink the milk, it's perfect.  And you can spell out words and things like that - I mean if you're like 8 or 9 years old.
5. Golden Crisp - That stunning gold box has a way of attracting kids and adults alike.  It's shiny and what's inside in pure gold(en).  And that damn Sugar Bear has a knack for making these things look so good.  And they really are.  Very sweet, but when eaten in moderation, they're delicious.  If you want to talk about longevity, this is the gold standard - they've been around for over 50 years.  Here's to another 50.
6.  Cocoa Pebbles -  If you are craving a chocolate fix, this is your box of cereal.  Chocolate milk awaits you after you've devoured all these perfect chocolate rice puffs?  I'm not even sure what the hell they actually are, but I don't care.  If they're good enough for Fred Flintstone, they're good enough for us.

In closing, I just want to thank you for putting out healthy and tasty cereal for the past 50+ years.  I hope you cut the crap with the Cupcake Pebbles, but I guess little kids need something too. 

Keep churning out the goodness, and on behalf of all the civilians eating your cereals every day, thanks!
My Ping in TotalPing.com