Linux Sucks; Linus Rules!

I've never had a Mac so I can't comment on how they run.

My hard drive basically shut down on my Dell laptop (of about 2 years).  No problem.  I got a new hard drive for $45 at Newegg.com, installed it, went to the tech office here at the college and asked them to help.  They installed Ubuntu (a Linux o/s).  Got home, plugged in my iPod, and some wack ass program pops up. 

I Google'd "iTunes" and "Ubuntu" and come to find out iTunes does not run on Linux operating systems.  Awesome.

Next stop, picture folder.  I use Picasa, but with Ubuntu, they use PhotoStream or something.  Sweet. 

So here I am, with all my photos, songs, and documents (which work fine) backed up on an external hard drive.  I want to go uninstall Ubuntu and install this Windows XP disk Jesse gave me.  I put in the disk and this Ubuntu won't even let me autorun a disk.  Bullshit.

Problem is, now no one is answering the phone down there.  And because it's my personal computer, they may be hesitant to install anything that isn't theirs.  I literally spent all morning yesterday down there trying to get this thing figured out.  The computer they give me at work has OpenOffice Writer, which basically doesn't open naturally on any other computer.  (the fact that the computer is from 1990 is besides the point).

I hope I get this fixed, because I want iTunes, Picasa, and I want to install this wireless printer I got for Christmas.  I have a funny feeling that with this Ubuntu garbage, I won't be able to sync the two.

On a brighter note, Linus is super cool.
My Ping in TotalPing.com