SNOW DAY!!; Wipeout

I awoke this morning to Nathan's paws tapping against the wood floor.

I saw the green light on my phone blinking - mail and/or text.  It was a text, from a five digit number - 79516 - the Manhattan College emergency number - informing us of the CLOSING of school.  Are you kidding me?  (Awesome)x5.

Hopped in the elevator, got downstairs, and proceeded to the dog park, which had a fresh coating of snow from last nights "storm" (5" of snow, maybe).  Nathan ran around for a while, did his business, and stopped moving.  He tends to do this when the snow starts accumulating on the hair underneath his belly - it turns into wee little snow balls.

After a plow tried like hell to douse us with snow, we made it across the street.

We headed back in and returned to the apartment where Nate got a bacon treat and I got back in bed.

Fast forward three hours.

Wake up #2.  Sun is shining and I am smirking at the school's  decision to close.  Not my decision, but the results isn't so bad.  The roads are clear and the grass is covered in snow.  No problems from the 10th floor.

Here's a a nice off day before a hectic weekend - three games (Sat. @2, Sun. @12, Mon. @7).  Not to mention classes start on Monday.

Baseball, well, we're gonna get it rocking and rolling on Friday.

One last thing - if you haven't seen Winter Wipeout (Thursday, 8pm, ABC), you're missing out on TV gold.  Just watch it, you'll thank me.
My Ping in TotalPing.com