Too Much Wine...

I am utterly exhausted.  Not sure if it was the getting up at 4 am to get ready for practice yesterday morning or staying out until 12:15 am last night or helping Paul and Jenny polish off three bottles of wine, but part of me thinks it was a combination of all three.

Bottle number one was a bottle of white Pinot Noir - it wasn't my favorite but it grew on me a little bit.  Tasted like a white wine.  For those of you who are thinking "This guy's a real doofus, Pinot Noir is a red wine!" - take a listen.  The color of wine comes from the skin of the grapes.  Red wine is made from red grapes and the skins are left on during fermentation.  Therefore, in order to make a white wine out of red grapes, you must remove the skins prior to fermentation.  There's your fun fact of the day, for free.

Bottle number two was an awesome red Pinot Noir from the Kosta Browne Winery.  It was smooth and had hints of cherry and a dry finish.  I have never been wine tasting and have never considered myself a connoisseur by any means, but there are some things I can taste, and it was pretty evident - or so it seemed.

I like to read and research the wine I drink in order to try to educate myself as to what a wine is supposed to look, taste, and smell like.  I think it makes me feel as though I've learned something while throwing back glasses of wine.

On the agenda tonight is another trip to NYC to meet up with my mother at a Mediterranean restaurant - not sure what to expect but I hope they have baklava - that shit is bomb.

Practice went well today - the pitchers threw the ball pretty well.  Velocity was up for the guys who threw live and they located pretty well.  Not bad for their first time out this spring.  Tomorrow is another 8am practice, so I get to sleep in until 6:30 am.  Sweet.

Time to count some sheep for a few.
My Ping in TotalPing.com