Stupidity Abounds; Clemson's Chapel Hill O'fer; Roll Tide

I was just down on Broadway getting a bite to eat following another stellar pre-work workout and I stopped in Dunkin' Donuts to get myself a large iced coffee with milk and a little sugar.  (they put too much sugar in today)

So I order my coffee and as I'm waiting - it only took 30 seconds mind you - a guy comes steps right in front of me and in the process steps right on my foot.  I still am not quite sure what the rush was seeing how the one guy working was the guy making my coffee.  Anyhow, he looked blankly at me after he stepped on my foot.  No "I'm sorry" or "My bad" - none of that;  so I responded with "Don't sweat it man, I got another foot."

His blank stare turned to utter confusion.  I got my coffee as we was placing his order - 2 munchkins.  Two.  I didn't even know they sold them individually.

This guy was not homeless nor was he struggling for cash - he had a Gucci wallet (even though it was probably a fake) and was wearing a brand new pair of Nike sneaks.  Maybe he just has the appetite of a baby bird.  Or maybe he'd rather spend money looking good that trying to survive.  Come to think of it, he was about 6' and weighed maybe 160 pounds.  It felt like I stubbed my toe when he stepped on me.

Two munchkins.  Hah!

In college basketball news, North Carolina improved to 55-0 all-time at home against Clemson.  Granted, UNC traditionally has been a basketball powerhouse, but at some point over the past several seasons, when they've been a middle-of-the-pack ACC team, Clemson should have found a way to beat them.  It was tied at 63 before the Heels closed the game with a 12-2 run.  I guess the sun doesn't shine on a dog's ass every once in a while, not for Clemson anyway, and certainly not in Chapel Hill.

Another game I watched was #12 Kentucky taking on Alabama in Tuscaloosa.  Alabama tried like hell to give this one away, but they held on thanks to seldom used guard Ben Eblen.  With the Tide up 1 with 2.3 seconds left, Eblen tallied his lone point (he averages 1.0 PPG) on his first free throw before missing the second one, allowing the Wildcats one last chance.  Alabama led by as many as 17 in the second half but Kentucky kept chipping away.  In the end, Alabama prevailed, 68-66.  No court storming.  They've done it before, just not since the 2006 season - when they beat #20 Kentucky 72-61.  Roll Tide.  For this night anyway.

Time for a conference call.  Be back.  Enjoy your munchkins.
My Ping in TotalPing.com