iPad Rules!

The more I use my iPad the better I like it.  Here's my completely unofficial, amateur assessment of my iPad thus far.

+ Calendar.  I rarely find myself able to maintain a calendar or planner but this one I seem to have a handle on.  The only problem I  have with it is that I can't quite figure out how to sync it to my Gmail calendars I have online.  Something I'll have to look into.  Come to think of it, it's really pissing me off that I can't sync them up.  Oh well, it'll have to wait.

+ Words With Friends.  Same exact thing as Scrabble and it's a move at your own pace kind of game.  I love word games, crossword puzzles, etc., so this freebie is awesome.  I'm not sure if Scrabble keeps stats and W-L records, but for now, WWF works just fine for me.  I use Pass and Play at the apartment with Lindsay.  I have several games going at once, and the push notification lets me know when it's my turn.  Only problem is clearing out the completed games from the taskbar on the left.

+ Photo Uploader.  My mother uses the memory card upload attachment but she gave us the USB upload attachment.  It allows me to simply plug in my camera to the attachment, and boom, here come the photos.  I can pick and choose which ones I want to upload so that I don't have to go back and delete the ones I don't want.  No drawbacks to this feature, and as long as I have a USB cable, uploading photos to WRT is easy peasy.

+ Screen Orientation Lock.  Sometimes it seems the slightest movement changes the orientation, so a simple double-click of the button and scroll to the left allows you to click to lock in orientation.  I tend to use the horizontal when typing since the keyboard keys are a bit larger.  When I'm WWF, I use the standard orientation.  Sometimes I forget that I locked it and get pissed, then I figure it out.  Short term memory problems for me.

+ BlogPress.  This thing allows me to add pictures and links into posts I make for my loyal following.  It is easy enough to use Safari to look at and edit posts (I can't upload pictures through Safari), but this $2.99 app allows me to do everything else I need to blast out on the blogosphere.  I think it's the only paid application I have on my iPad, but it's $2.99 well spent.

Time to head to Target for a lock, unleash the Nate Dog on the dog park world, and head to Dinosaur BBQ for some dinner.  Lindsay is out getting a prenatal massage (a gift from me for Christmas) and is going to meet us at dinner.  Jesse and Julia are coming with, so it'll be a good time before we head out to The End for a stay-cation the remainder of the week.

So long.
My Ping in TotalPing.com