Isn't Sunday A Day Off?

Sunday's are generally an off day, right?  Not so fast.

The men's basketball team had a game on MSG at noon, so this guy had to be in at around 7:45am.  Not too pleased with that, but I guess whatever pays the bills, right?  The camera guys and TV crews were there around 5:00am, so it could be worse.  Granted, they probably make somewhere north of what I earn.  Met one guy, Pete, a Packer Backer - a grizzled older guy with long white hair underneath his GB beanie.  Oh yeah, and he had on a Packers vest.  He mentioned how he's worked a bunch of Sunday Night Football games.  I feel like I missed an opportunity to make a connection.  Damn it.

They lost in case you were wondering, to St. Peter's, 62-53.

I got home around 4:15pm with a bag of food for Nathan and caught the end of the Packers/Bears game.  It looked almost like the Packers were trying to give it away there towards the end.  I then whipped together some turkey burgers and roasted potato fries for dinner and realized I hadn't posted today.  And here I am now.  Here's something I always punish myself with - red onions.  I can't resist putting them on top of burgers or in pasta salads, but they give me the worst indigestion ever.  It's hasn't stopped me from eating them and I don't think it ever will, just thought I'd share my dietary issues with you all.

Steelers just went ahead of the Jets 7-0.  Haven't watched any of the game yet, but I'll bear down after this post.  I wished all my friends who are Jets fans good luck (like they're part of the team or something) and that was all.  I support NY sports (Yankees, Giants, Islanders mainly) so the Jets header is for New York, not necessarily the Jets.  Seeing how they were the only football team to make the playoffs, I felt compelled to show my support.  If they lose, it comes down tomorrow.

The weather here is frigid - low 20's seem to be the high lately.  I wear my Under Armour mask under my wool hat, and I think sometimes it scares the older people living in the building.  They look at me like I am a nut job.  I'm not, and they realize that once they see Nathan.  I can give a shit what I look like, I'm trying to stay warm.

I've been tweeting a lot lately, not that anyone on there gives a shit what I have to say, but you never know.  I still feel privileged to have all you people (my Blog Army) following my blog.  I hope I don't piss you off with the amount of posts that I put out.

OK, I need to get something to settle my stomach.  Damn you, red onions!
My Ping in TotalPing.com