Post Movie Clapping - Yes or No?; Congrats to the JETS

Just got back to the apartment after a nice little date night with the wifester.  I worked the clinic all day and we haven't really had a date night in a while, so I figured we'd catch a flick and grab some dessert somewhere.

We headed up to Central Avenue to take in The Dilemma - Vince Vaughn (the best actor ever) and Kevin James killed it.  I'm biased, because I am convinced that anything Vince Vaughn does is instant gold (and I probably have a man-crush on him).

p.s. - I just Google'd how to properly write a movie title.  turns out, you simply italicize it. 

It was a 7:15 showing, so it really started at around 7:30 once the ridiculous previews were complete.

The movie was great - lots of laughs, some soft and mushy parts, more laughs, and more laughs.

There is one thing I don't understand at the conclusion of a movie - clapping.

Let me put it to you like this - the people on that screen, they can't actually hear your clapping.  Sure, I enjoyed the work they put forth in making it all come together on the big screen, but they don't give a shit if you boo and throw Gobstoppers at the screen.  They can't hear you.  The producer - he/she can't see, hear, or feel you reaction either.  Honestly, do you think other moviegoers think your clapping means you appreciated the film more than them?  No.

After you finish with a DVD at home, do you get your ass up from off that couch and clap?  If you do, take a good hard look in the mirror and re-evaluate your actions.  It's one thing to turn to a complete stranger and say, "Man, that was awesome" but clapping? 

My verdict on post-movie clapping is simple:  it's totally unnecessary.

Also, as per my rant against Twitter several months ago (October 22 I believe) - I take it back.  I am back on Twitter and have a new found appreciation for that little blue bird.

Follow me @ryaninthebronx

Oh, and Braylon Edwards' athleticism is second to none after his backflip celebration following the Jets shocking win in New England.  Also congratulations to my friend on Twitter @BigAds41 - a teammate and friend of mine since our college days at Manhattan - a huge Jets fan.

Also, congrats to Bruce and sorry to G - a bet's a bet so keep me posted as to how the score was settled.  I kind of feel like the bookie to this bet.

Goodnight and safe travels!
My Ping in TotalPing.com